At the Straubing Campus for Biotechnology and Sustainability at the Technical University of Munich, processes are being developed for sustainable and environmentally friendly chemical production. Due to the cross-industry and cross-disciplinary nature of the topic, experts from various disciplines work closely together on this. Modern biotechnological methods play a central role in this process.
We are looking for a Research Assistant / Doctoral Student (m/f/d)
for a European research project (PERFECOAT) on the Development and modification of biopolymers (exopolysaccharides) for paint applications.
Within the work the following areas will be addressed:
– Enzymatic and chemical functionalization of exopolysaccharides (EPS)
– Optimization of isolation and purification processes
– Structural and application-related product characterization
– Above average successfully completed university studies in the fields of chemistry, material science, biochemistry, biotechnology or similar
– Solid experience with work in organic chemistry or polymer chemistry
– Ideally, you have experience with polymer analogous reactions and polymer analytics
– Interest and experience in biocatalysis, enzyme engineering or fermentation is a plus
– Curiosity and interest in scientific issues
– Fluent in English, both orally and written. German is a plus, but not mandatory.
– High level of commitment as well as teamwork and communication skills
– An interdisciplinary scientific challenge in an applied environment with exposure to academic and industrial partners across the EU
– Salary according to TV-L, E 13, part-time (65 %). The employment is limited to 3 years.
– There is the possibility of a stay abroad.
– As a TUM doctoral student, you are automatically a member of the TUM Graduate School. You will benefit from a comprehensive qualification and further education program, mentorship, funding for travel abroad as well as target group-specific services and consulting offers.
– Severely disabled applicants will be given preference if their suitability is otherwise essentially equal.
The Technical University of Munich aims to increase the proportion of women in its workforce, and therefore expressly welcomes applications from women.
Please send your application by Nov 30, 2021 with the subject PERFECOAT 4 by e-mail to: bew_cbr[ät]cs.tum.de