The Oncology Department of the Novartis Institute for Biomedical Research in Basel, Switzerland, is recurrently looking for an intern in the field of molecular and cellular biology. The position is available for 6 months starting from April / May 2022 to work on different aspects of cancer biology.
You will be involved in cutting-edge research using the latest technologies in genetic manipulation, genetic screens and (epi-) genome profiling.
You will join an enthusiastic team working on transcriptional regulation to dissect the molecular functions of a number of candidate oncogenes and in diverse cancer settings.
Your tasks will be:
- Design, execute and/or analyze experimental work with the supervision of
different team members
- Contribute to lab / team organization and projects development
- Formulate and test additional hypothesis based on a large amount of internal data in different fields
- Provide accurate raw data documentation, evaluation and results interpretation
- M.Sc. degree in Molecular Biology or Cancer biology (and related) recently
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, basic cell biology techniques and
molecular biology is required.
- Knowledge in basic bioinformatics (to handle large datasets) or protein
biochemistry/structure is advantageous but not required.
- Interest / knowledge in the epigenetics/transcription field are advantageous but not required.
- Good organizational skills with respect to planning, tracking and adherence to timelines
- Good communication, presentation and scientific writing skills
- Fluency in English is mandatory (oral & written)
Kontakt: Giorgio Galli, giorgio.galli[ät]novartis.com