Where can I hang up posters or flyers?

Placarding on columns and doors in the Faculty of Chemistry is prohibited for fire protection reasons. We permit the posting of posters etc. in our recreation room. Unauthorized posters will be disposed of.

Where is the lost-and-found office?

The lost and found is located in the office of the chemistry student council (CH26503). The office is usually manned during the day but there are no fixed opening hours.
There are also other sites on campus that are listed here.


Studying at TUM

How does the credit system work?

You can learn everything about the credit system and how many ECTS you must have at a certain time in your exam regulations.

How many times am I allowed to repeat an exam?

The number of times you can repeat an exam depends heavily on your program and the type of exam. Details can be found in the corresponding exam regulations for your program.

Where can I find my current exam regulations?

The TUM has two separate exam regulations, a general exam regulation (APSO) and regulation that’s specific to your major (FPSO). For more general regulations you should consult the APSO.
If your question is specific to your major (GOP’s, Modules, regulations for lab courses, etc.) you should take a look at the FPSO

APSO: Allgemeine Prüfungs- und Studienordnung
FPSO: Fachprüfungs- und Studienordnung

Mostly, these documents are in German. Please contact your Office of Student Affairs for the information you need, if you do not understand German.

Where can I find my schedule?

All current schedules can be found on the department’s homepage. You just have to pick your program.

What about scholarships and financial aid?

A general overview of scholarships at TUM can be found on this website.

Where can I find additional learning material?

You can ask the lecturer for suggestions or you can talk to other students in our forum.

Where can I find information about the libraries?

The TUM libraries have their own website, that has all the information on borrowing books, opening times and much more.
If you would like to recommend a book purchase because you have not found a required book or not as an electronic medium, the library offers a form for this.

What deadlines do I have to keep in mind?

The department of chemistry doesn’t have uniform deadlines for exam registrations but the general time frames for winter and summer semesters are 15th of November until the 15th of January and the 15th of May until the 30th of July respectively. You have to inform yourself on the specific time frames since they are different for every module and year.
You have to pay a fee at the end of every semester if you want to enroll in the next semester. The deadline for the summer semester fee has to be paid until the 15th of February, the fee for the winter semester has to be paid until the 15th of August.
TUM provides all central dates and deadlines clearly arranged and as a subscribable calendar.